14 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Tue, 2013-02-19 18:14

So, who's gonna be there tomorrow for some beers and even more Rock'n'Roll ? I must admit my excitement is rising and I hope the boys will take the chance to pull something out of the hat Smiley

I'm expecting to see the usual suspects tomorrow (you know who you are) !

So long
Longhorn

Posted: Tue, 2013-02-19 18:46

I'll also be there and I also have to say, that I'm already ... more than just lookin forward to seeing D-A-D again!

Sadly, there was no one to go there with me, but nevertheless I will be there on my own. I'll maybe also spend the night at "Dortmund/Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof" to get home again in the morning with the early trains ...

See you!

Rod

Posted: Tue, 2013-02-19 23:29

Heh. I spent several nights in that hauptbahnof back in the day...Frankfurt Hauptbahnhoff, too.

Ahhhh...the good old days.

Posted: Wed, 2013-02-20 12:54

This time I'll have to stay home alone. Smiley-sad Seems as if a flue got me. Pretty bad timing.
Rock the place and have a great time!

Sad wishes,
Capt. Spacehead

---------------------------------------

Because love cools and friends drift apart
Too old to be shy but I wonder what to say
- After I said: Hi!

Jørg's picture

Posted: Wed, 2013-02-20 23:50

Just returned from a great show in Dortmund. The band delivered a great 105 minute set with a good mixture of old and new songs and some welcome surprises. Jesper's voice was in great shape despite him obviously still suffering from a cold (with some coughing during the non-singing parts). During "I want what she's got" the boys had to face some problems with their guitars out of tune, but they mastered the situation with some good humour.
The setlist from FZW in Dortmund (compiled with a little help from Beate's facebook picture):
Isn't that wild
Jihad
The Road Below Me
New Age Moving In
Everything Glows
Rim of Hell
Grow or pay
Unowned
Black Crickets
Last Time in Neverland
Monster Philosophy
I want what she's got (incl. drum solo)
Evil Twin
Bad Craziness
--------------------------------
Sleeping my day away
Marlboro Man
-------------------------------
Laugh'n'1/2
It's after dark

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 14:10

"Unowned" ?! - Very nice...

"What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth."

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 14:58

A really nice setlist and from the YouTube videos it seems like you had a party going on in Dortmund!

Regards
Klaus

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 18:10

Well, it was a really good concert yesterday, definitely in my top 3 of all the shows in the last 5 years or so. A few nice surprises in the setlist that I did not expect ("Rim of hell" is one helluva KILLER live !) and finally they dropped some songs which they have been playing for the last 127 years or so - thanks Stig ;-).

Crowd attendance was surprisingly well for a cold Wednesday evening in Dortmund. I would guess 700 - 800 people even though I thought the people were a bit lame at times - not the loudest singers I've ever heard but it was OK. If they had played Bochum/Zeche last night with this setlist it would have been a killer show audience-wise, that's for sure.

At the end of the day everybody seemed to enjoy the show and I would definitely go and see 2 or 3 more if there was any date within reach. Too bad there is none so we will wait and hope that more European dates soon will be announced for the fall.

All in all it was a really nice evening yesterday. "Hi" to everyone we (Curly and myself) met once again. Hope to see you all again real soon.

And to all of you who have the show ahead yet.............I'm jealous Smiley

Take care
Longhorn

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 18:56

Unowned, Rim Of Hell and Black Crickets? Interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing those played in New York next month.

Then again I'd also like to see Reconstructdead, Candid, Makin' Fun of Money, Day of Wrong Moves, Overmuch and about a million more!

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 19:52

Yeah, for you US guys they should really put up a 2 1/2 hour show at least to cover minimum 75 % of all the essentials that you will want. I'm afraid it won't happen though but I have a good feeling that you will get a very special setlist that we haven't been treated with for the last 20 years.

God, me and my wife we would LOVE to book the NY flights NOW, unfortunately no time.

Enjoy whatever you get..............and I'm sure you will :-).

Longhorn

Posted: Fri, 2013-02-22 03:59

Yeah, hopefully we'll get a good mix of stuff. Can't wait. And I am so psyched to be opening for them on both NY shows!

p

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 19:38

Hej

Dortmund was fun, as always. They played a few of my favourites like "rim of hell". I just love it !! Also thanks to our friends, always nice to meet you all again. Ant capt S: we missed you. There's no good time to be ill, but this was a very bad time..

Rocking greetings,

just me,p

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 20:25

I hate word verification....
I also enjoyed the show - as I use to do Smiley
@SignOfTheMoment: Weren't you the first outside in front of the door? If you said a word you hadn't have to be alone Smiley-wink
@Capt. S.: Really missed you. Remember Sebastian Bach next time: If you can't bleed you ain't s**t! Smiley-laugh
The ppl around me made a good show with a great setlist special - thanks!! Hope to meet and rock with you many times more!!
KH,
Anke

Posted: Thu, 2013-02-21 21:31

Yeah, that's right. I was there about 2 1/2 hours before doors opened - at least I did it because the last time I saw D-A-D there (2010 - Rock Hard Warmup) we met Jacob in front of the FZW. This time it was in vain but still not that bad. And well, I barely know anyone of you around here PLUS I am kinda shy so ... well, next time!

But the setlist was great! But I still hope for the D-Law for the next show and maybe "Nineteenhundredandyesterday" again Smiley-midget

Add new comment