16 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Sat, 2013-03-09 05:04

I figured since 3 of their 8 US shows are taking place around this music festival, I'd create a thread for any & all who are going to any of these shows D-A-D is a part of (& even for those who aren't, but wished they were). I plan to attend two of the three shows.

I can't believe it's less then a week away! Excited! Smiley-midget

Posted: Fri, 2013-03-15 19:43

Texas Rockfest was fun last night! Unfortunately, due to time constraints, D-A-D had to cut their set short (BOO!), but they stilled played with the usual D-A-D energy and had the crowd cheering & singing along. I took many pictures, but need to go through them before posting any.
Got to say hi to the band (through the fence set up between the artists & the crowd), even shook Cobber's hand. Their tech guy/tour manager(?) saw me wearing one of my D-A-D shirts and tossed a current tour shirt over the fence to me - very cool & nice of him to do. They didn't have a merch booth set up, so I feel very lucky to have gotten the t-shirt.

Looking forward to tonight's show at A360 (Rock the Lot). I hope they get to play a full set!

---------------------------------------

Be yourself - everyone else is taken

Posted: Fri, 2013-03-15 20:15

I hope they do too. I heard about the short set at Texas Rock Fest. You deserve the full rockin' set we got here in New York. They were incredible!

Posted: Sat, 2013-03-16 07:39

Another great day at SXSW! Met some of the same D-A-D fans from the night before. The Rock the Lot show was fantastic, and a full set this time (with a better sound system too!). I took more pics & some video.
Got to chat more with band members back stage after their set. Really nice guys!
I think I may be going to Houston to see them tomorrow night - can't get enough!....roadtrip!!! =)

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-18 19:37

....didn't make it to Houston :(. SXSW and family kept me in Austin for one more day...

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-18 23:15

I spoke to Jesper. He said Houston was real good. Evidently there is a large Danish community there. He said it was the most well-attended show of all the Txas gigs. Well, two more in the states. The world famous Whisky a GoGo tomorrow night and then Long Beach, CA to finish the run! Hopefully more to come in the not-too-distant future!

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-19 07:18

Glad to hear the Houston show was well attended! Wish I could've been there, as I'm sure they played a longer set than they did in Austin...
I will post links to pics & video I took soon! Smiley-midget

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-19 16:44

Ok, here's "A New Age Moving In" from the A360 "Rock the Lot" set in Austin last Friday night.
The audio & video are less than ideal (sorry about that), but I hope you can enjoy the clip anyway.

http://youtu.be/854AekMnbS8

I'm working on two other songs that I have video for from the same show. Smiley-midget

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-19 17:05

Thanks for the video taste. I'm sooo excited for tonight!!

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-19 17:15

Enjoy tonight!
Wish I was there - I wanna see them again!

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-19 22:38

Well, here's "Sleeping My Day Away" with extend solo from A360 Rock the Lot during SXSW.
Sorry the audio & video are sub-par :-/. It's frustrating, but I figured something is better than nothing (you may feel otherwise). Hope you can like it....

http://youtu.be/1XD7VQdumww

Posted: Fri, 2013-03-22 05:35

I've posted an album of D-A-D pictures I took while the band was in Austin, Tx on my Facebook business page.
Search for Peter Marince Photography. Enjoy! Smiley-midget

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-25 18:37

....I added pictures of the t-shirts that were sold at the two SXSW festivals I attended - both had D-A-D on the back of the shirt. Smiley-midget
Facebook: Peter Marince Photography

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-26 21:11

Saw all the Texas shows. Houston was by far the best, a full show. The Houston crowd consisted of Danish folks working there, locals, and then about a dozen of us that flew in from different states, including Wyoming, and Washington state (me). The first Texas show was at a Pool Party in a apartment complex, cool but very bizare. The next two shows in Austin were limited in length but fun. The band and crew were very open to talking with the fans, whether it be through a chainlink fence, backstage after they performed, or after the show in Houston at the bar. It was great to find out that your heroes are extremely nice guys. One of the cool things was meeting fellow fans who were into the band. With no radio play there is little exposure for the band, so its nice to meet others that appreciate the band. Hopefully well see them come back to North America and have a more extensive tour.

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-26 23:04

I'm sorry I missed the Houston show, as I figured it would be the longest set they played out of the 4 Texas dates. Darn it!
Well, WHEN (not IF) they return to the states, I will make sure I get to see a show that is all theirs. Smiley-midget

Posted: Mon, 2013-05-13 19:08

Hi everyone,

saw the first SXSW show at this crazy pool party; please check out my two videos if you like! Smiley It was an incredible show!

Isn't that wild:

http://youtu.be/CDVNlnONfgk

Grow or pay:

http://youtu.be/6kZWqLzkU4k

Add new comment