19 posts / 0 new
Last post

Rod

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-11 16:04

Light spoilers ahead...

It's Monday morning and my ears are ruined. What a great weekend. The venue on the first night (Revolution Bar & Grill) was great. Not a huge crowd by any means, but the band absolutely killed.

Rumbledog's band "Streetlight Circus" won a lot of people over, I'm sure. They were the perfect opening band for these shows.

D-A-D took the stage with "Isn't That Wild?" and Jesper hopped into the audience almost immediately, and sang with the crowd for a few verses. Absolutely blew my mind. The setlist, as far as I can recall, was:

Isn't That Wild?
Point of View
New Age Moving In
Everything Glows
Rim of Hell
Grow or Pay
Ridin' With Sue
Last Time in Neverland
Monster Philosophy
I Want What She's Got
Bad Craziness

Encore:
Evil Twin
Sleeping My Day Away

On the first night in Amityville, Jesper even popped back into the crowd after they left stage and joined us in chanting "D-A-D" for an encore. The setlist was great, but would have loved to have heard something off of Helpyourselfish.

On the second night, the venue was much smaller (as was the stage), but it made the place seem much more packed with fans than the previous night, and everyone seemed much rowdier. Before the show, one of the posters in this forum (jaynelefavi) gave a handwritten note to Rumbledog requesting the band play "It's After Dark", since they didn't close with it the night before.

And they did. It was absolutely amazing that they did that, and really made my whole trip.

I see from the photos online that the band came out and met with the fans, but unfortunately, we had already left. I'm disappointed I missed that, but hell, I met Laust on the way out of the men's room, was right up front for both shows, and had the time of my life. I can't complain.

Video of "Everything Glows" from the Amityville show can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0s0i-x_bXg

Bad sound quality, but check out Jesper mugging it up for the camera at the 4:00 mark.

A big THANK YOU to everyone that made this happen!

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-11 18:05

Thank you very much for your report. Sounds like everyone, band and fans, had a blast. Really good to read that the guys went down so well after this insane absence from a US stage.

I'm just a little bit surprised about what seems to be a rather short setlist. Did they have a curfew ?

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-11 18:24

They did "Jihad" too. They had no curfew but they played long extended versions of several songs such as Monster Philosophy, I Want What She's Got (with the whole "Come on Laust, we know you got it" bit, Everything Glows and, of course, a long middle section of "Sleeping My Day Away." With all that it turned out to be a lengthy and dynamic set. Awesome show, great guys and an honor to have shared two bills with them!

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-11 20:42

All sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing your experiences! Thanks for the link to the video.
Really looking forward to seeing them Thursday & Friday!
I hope I can get close and take good pics to share....
Meeting any of them would be icing on the cake.

---------------------------------------

Be yourself - everyone else is taken

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-11 22:23

was an amazing show and I was happy to meet so many fans! was great to see the band after waiting soooo many years!!!!

Posted: Mon, 2013-03-11 22:26

oh yes and I am jaynelefavi's best friend and was at both NY shows with her! was so cool that she got them to play It's After Dark! I got it on video! I will be uploading to You Tube tonight and will post the link when it's done!!!!

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-12 01:17

A pile of pics of D-A-D and Streetlight Circus at the two New York shows just went up on my Facebook page and at www.facebook.com/StreetlightCircus. Come on by and check them out!

What an absolutely incredible experience to have played these shows with them!

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-12 02:37

Hey everybody!! Just getting home to Baltimore, MD. I went to both of the NY shows. I know alot of you have already seen the videos I put on Youtube, but in case you haven't, go check em out. They turned out pretty good if I do say so myself, especially for just being my digital camera. Sorry I couldn't get more songs, but my friggin arms hurt like hell from holding the camera over my head to long.
Enjoy, I know I did:
http://www.youtube.com/user/metlcrash

Never said a foolish thing..
Then again... never said a wise one

Posted: Tue, 2013-03-12 03:06

Streetlight Circus is definitely worth checking out!!!! and here is the link to It's After Dark!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-X3Bp78kz0&feature=share&list=UU1FJ8lR4v... Enjoy!

Posted: Wed, 2013-03-13 02:05

I'm more sorry than ever that I wasn't able to make it to the shows cause from what I see and hear it was a fantastic time. Rumbledog..... Keep,up with your D-A-D obsession. You Did Real Good!! Thanks. Let's hope D-A-D is able to come back to the States soon!!!

Posted: Thu, 2013-03-14 13:28

Juanitz - will do. Will work hard to bring them back here next year!

Posted: Wed, 2013-03-13 18:45

Any comments/reports about the first Texas show ?

Posted: Wed, 2013-03-13 22:12

First Texas show is tonight, so nothing to report yet. Sadly, I will be missing this show Smiley-midget-sad

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2013-03-14 10:12

Ooops - you're right. Seems I was a bit too early Smiley

Posted: Thu, 2013-03-14 23:30

It was the most awesome weekend! I have photos of both NY shows and their set lists. I have the actual set list from the second show but only a photo of the first one (from Jesper's feet). Rod has the songs correct (except Jihad, which was second -and noted already) and It's After Dark the second night (not on the set list though). I am still riding high that they played it for us. They proved to me that they truly appreciate and love their fans. I also mentioned to Cobber not to underestimate the American (and Canadian) audience because true fans know more songs than songs off of No Fuel. I really wanted to hear maybe a song or two from each album but I am just thankful I did get to see them so... It was great meeting everyone and the band twice. If anyone wants to see the photos I took, friend me on facebook. JAYNE DINAN LEFAVI

friend me on facebook: Jayne Dinan LeFavi

Posted: Sat, 2013-03-30 14:41

So it’s been three weeks since the greatest live show I have ever been witness to. My band mates and I have been die-hard D-A-D fans since we first caught wind of them in 1989. We have been waiting ever since to catch a live performance by D-A-D and this show did not disappoint. Considering D-A-D plays for literally thousands upon thousands of fans at any given show overseas to see them play for a few hundred people at Webster hall and play it like they were at the Roskilde festival was beyond amazing. D-A-D made the 1400-mile trip we made to see them worth every mile and then some. I can only hope that the band returns to the U.S.A again, because one live show was just not enough for this True Believer. Chicago needs a full on D-A-D experience; let’s get this done! 4

Whenever you find what you seek
It's Be kind to clitoris-week

Posted: Sun, 2013-03-31 11:12

I agree! The two shows I saw while they were here were not enough. Can't wait for their return to these shores.
Been listening to their music on a daily basis - they really have something for any mood you're in... Smiley-midget

Posted: Wed, 2013-04-03 03:08

A Fellow Fan in Chicago! That makes me happy. I'm with you. We need them to come back and the Midwest is a great place to start this time! Wasn't able to make it to the show but so glad you did.

Sterball88's picture

Posted: Thu, 2013-04-11 03:28

Came from Canada to see the NYC show! Fantastic - easily one of the best shows I've ever seen! D-A-D, thank you so much for coming to play in North America - it was also great to meet you guys after the show! Vi ses!!!

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

Plain text