10 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Tue, 2013-07-30 22:31

How long have you been visiting the website? What is your best d-a-d.com-story?

Posted: Wed, 2013-07-31 08:02

Hey Adam, thanks for making me remember how long this community lasts.

My visits at d-a-d.com started in 1999 after I got my first modem. It's my startpage since then. Before that I recall having tried to access "the site" from an internet cafe - though I ain't sure if it already was d-a-d.com or the previous url (www.ing.dk/dad/dadhome.html).

I guess my best d-a-d.com story is an early one. I hung out with a friend of mine around autmn 1999, having a couple of drinks (or whatever...) and listening to an Jimi Hendrix' live recording from NYE 68/69 (?). Due to that and lacking of plans for NYE2K we came to the point that best way to celebrate NYE2K would be a D-A-D show and so I posted this wish of me and my friend on this very discussion board.

About 2 weeks later D-A-D announced that they'd do a show at Radhuspladsen in CPH that very night. I nearly went nuts.
Of course me and my friend made it along with Mic and her friend to CPH around NYE2K and we had a hell of a time in frontrow. Thanks to ev'rybody who joined us that very special night, to D-A-D for their performance and of course to dear Liz for hosting the four of us Smiley-wink

Best wishes,
Marcel

---------------------------------------

Because love cools and friends drift apart
Too old to be shy but I wonder what to say
- After I said: Hi!

Posted: Fri, 2013-08-02 17:23

Back in 2002, during the Soft Dogs tour it was announced that the gigs in Aalborg, Aarhus, Odense and Copenhagen was to be streamed online. I guess it was more popular than first anticipated; it was so laggy that you could only hear a few seconds here and there and the same goes with the Picture. But the intention was good... Smiley

Regards
Klaus

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Posted: Sun, 2013-08-11 05:28

I've been on the site since late 1999 - the main reason I got and learned my computer was to check out this site and learned alot about the band (being from the U.S. - at the time I knew very little about d-a-d) just loved the band and their music and still do! can't think of just one story coz so many things have happened here but I have met some cool people and my best friends here from all corners of the globe!

I gotta big red tongue coz I been talkin' too long

Posted: Tue, 2013-08-13 04:57

Happy belated Birthday to the site!
While I've been a fan of the band since they first made waves in the U.S. in '89, I lost track of them a few years later. I only recently reconnected & caught up on all the great music D-A-D has made since then.
I wish I could say I've been around the site as long as you all have been, but I only found it last year, but I'm glad I did!

Here's to many more years! Cheers!

Be yourself - everyone else is taken

p

Posted: Wed, 2013-08-14 07:56

Hej all!

I have no idea what year I found out about the site but it was really a coinsidence. Living in Belgium, I lost track of D.A.D for years. We didn't have a computer but for comercial reasons there where some computers with internetconnection at a free musicfestival in the neighbourhood and we just tried to search our favourite band. From that day on, we started following D.A.D again and found all the concerts (mostly in Germany).
Great thing Adam: D.A.D.com !!!

just me,p

GF

Posted: Sat, 2013-08-17 22:38

Thank you Adam for reminding us.. Smiley and for tending the site back then..
Well I vaguely remember visiting the site way back in 1999, when it had the blue dotted design. I remember my father's girlfriend had printed pages from the old simpatico design for me, before I was able to visit the site myself. I've been a regular guest eversince 99, being most active around 2000-2002, especially in the chat, meeting lots of fellow fans, both online and in real life at concerts. I've met many long time friends at this site, among them P and Psychopath. Again back in 2000-2002 alot of net pet meetings were arranged at concerts. The highligh of those meetings would be Forum 2002 where we were like 10+ fans from DK and Belgium meeting up before the concert, having a blast of a day.

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Posted: Sat, 2013-08-17 22:41

Hi,

I found this site probably 1998 or something. Don't remember the exact year.
Back those days I also made my own DAD fan site. Still huge DAD fan ofcourse...

GF

Posted: Fri, 2013-08-23 02:43

Adam, we lack your story...

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Posted: Fri, 2013-08-23 23:29

..I really can't remember when I first entered the page, but i remember thinking to myself.. Hey, there is actually other guys like me, who spends to much time listening to the great 4..
I also remember losing my net-pet identity, once and then had to make myself a new one..

Add new comment