13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Sat, 2013-11-02 11:31

Hello fellow Netpets!

Finally the 30/30/30 project was revealed! I think it's cool that they've chosen to do the concerts at smaller places than normal. For example in Aalborg; this time they're playing at a place called "Skråen" which has a capacity of around 650 people, instead of the great music hall they would normally play at in Aalborg called "Aalborghallen" which has a capacity of 3.000+ people.
I've only seen D-A-D play big stages, so this will be really exciting Smiley

Another part of the 30/30/30 experience is the CD (and LP) with the 30 greatest hits of D-A-D. I must say that, (having in mind this is a greatest hits record) I really think they've chosen the right ones. I'm especially happy about, they have chosen Call of the Wild, Black Crickets, Naked, Empty Heads and Evil Twin.
But the nicest detail of the record is, that the songs are en cronological order. It's cool to see the whole D-A-D "tranformation" on one record.

But let's hear what you think!
D-A-D are used to play smaller places international, but what about here in the homeland? Would you prefer these smaller concerts or should they be bigger?

And what about the CD? Do you feel like there's any songs missing? Maybe "Counting the cattle" as a hidden track...? Smiley-wink
You can check out the song list here: http://dad.sonymusicshop.dk/dad-uk/albums/303030-cd.aspx

Best regards,
Rasmus TheEvilTwin

Posted: Wed, 2013-11-06 21:34

My first impression is exactly the same as yours.. I really look forward to the shows.. I hope the shows will be like in the late 80's.. Very high energy performances, where Jesper are almost stepping on your fingers, in front of the scene..
The past many years the shows, as you say, have been greater shows, with a capacity of minimum 3000 fans..

REgarding the CD i think it is the perfect list of numbers, (until someone comes up with alternatives), You are truly right about the coolness in making the song appearences in cronological order..

Myonly problem is.. should i buy CD or Vinyl.. I will problebly not use the CD anyway.. Is'nt cooler then to buy the vinyl?!?!?!

Posted: Fri, 2013-11-08 23:14

Well, I'm a collector, so I'll "have to" buy both.... Smiley-wink
But if you aren't going to use the CD, then yes, vinyl is much cooler! I don't use my record player, because CD is much easier, but I like vinyl because it has a bigger cover sleeve, and if the cover art is cool, then I want it as big as possible.

---------------------------------------

Today I woke up screaming...!

Posted: Sun, 2013-11-10 10:30

Where you see the tracklist?

Molly, she is brown-spottet, cheerful and she is Jolly.

Posted: Sun, 2013-11-10 10:32

Molly, she is brown-spottet, cheerful and she is Jolly.

Posted: Sat, 2013-11-16 13:25

I'd say where's "Johnny"?

Fan since: January '05
Fav album: Scare Yourself
Fav songs: Rock River
Fav live-song: I'd rather live than die <3 Stig ftw!
Concerts attended: Just 11 but always frontrow ;)
Latest concert: Danmarks Største Vejfest '16

GF

Posted: Sun, 2013-11-17 09:53

@Mowgli: Sorry to inform you this, but I guess the reason why Johnnie didn't make it, was because he got shot Smiley-wink

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Posted: Sun, 2013-11-17 18:37

@GF: dammit. Smiley-wink

Fan since: January '05
Fav album: Scare Yourself
Fav songs: Rock River
Fav live-song: I'd rather live than die <3 Stig ftw!
Concerts attended: Just 11 but always frontrow ;)
Latest concert: Danmarks Største Vejfest '16

Richard Fanter's picture

Posted: Sun, 2013-12-08 22:13

Great choice !! Maybe i'm missing The road below me and Scare yourself. But well done \m/

Narita

Posted: Mon, 2013-12-16 00:54

Great tracklist! But I miss "I Am The River" and the great LIVE-version(s) of "Grow Or Pay/Something Good" which were only featured on the Roskilde-DVD and not the CD back then. Contains such a brilliant changeover between the songs by Cobber...

But glad the band's turning 30 now - STILL older than me Smiley-laugh

Posted: Sun, 2014-01-12 13:57

Of course someone will miss some tunes! !!!! 11 records and you have to cut to 30 songs and DAD don´t do fill out songs ,it´s not easy,
so i think they done an exellent choice and looking forward to the Madrid Concert Rock On !!!!!!

JTV

steve uk's picture
steve uk (not verified)

Posted: Tue, 2014-01-14 17:55

I think kiss between the legs should be on the CD somewhere, good fun song. Love to see them play it live I'll england.

steve uk's picture
steve uk (not verified)

Posted: Tue, 2014-01-14 17:59

Is there going to be a DVD with all the videos on it? Anyone know

Add new comment