9 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Sun, 2015-06-07 15:22

Hello my fellow-Netpets,

Facebook have taken over pretty much everything nowadays, and also the Netpet community, where many people have fled from here to the newly-started Netpet Facebook groups. The Facebook groups are alright initiatives, and I myself am also a member of them. But I think it's a shame, that this previously so active online-community here on DAD.dk is not being used anymore. It might be a little old school, but I like it Smiley-wink

Therefore, in an attempt to revive the great Netpet Community, every Sunday from now on I will be posting a D-A-D related question for you people to comment on here in the Discussion-forum .
I really hope you guys will find it interesting and help me get the Netpet Society back on its feet.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today's question:
What is your favorite song from 'Behind The Seen'?

Mine would be "Strong where you belong"
(But I'm also a big fan of "Last Mango in Paris" and "Jacketless in December"...)

Looking forward to hearing yours Smiley-midget-laugh

Posted: Mon, 2015-06-08 00:11

Not answering your questions, just saying that I like and appreciate your idea. This place is something very different from Facebook - a quality in itself. I guess we can't compete today, but you never know...
Anyway, The Rock Of solid Rock is here and so am I (and Molly), for all of you who want to visit a place where DAD rules!

Posted: Mon, 2015-06-08 11:04

Hey EvilTwin,
although I made myself rare over here in the past years I agree that it's sad that facebook almost completely dried out the NetPet community over here on this so unique designed website.
So thumbs up for your posting and the idea to keep this place alive. I must admit I am fearing for quite a while the day this place will be shut down since facebook took over control.

This would be yet another reason not to like and support facebook... so Azda, I have to disagree, D-A-D.dk CAN compete with facebook, if not in number of clicks/members/etc. but in continuing what D-A-D - at least to me - always made interesting: In being different.
Being from and doing it different to the masses. Being a class of its own. Being a band that doesn't look and sound like any other band. And running a website that offers a design way beyond almost ev'rything you can find in the whole www. So P-L-E-A-S-E keep d-a-d.dk alive as long as possible!

@EvilTwin: Hard to tell what song is my favourite. I really appreciate "Stop me" as well as "Look what the drug dragged in". The most I appreciate 'bout this record is the record itself. Great idea to dig out some stuff that most of the NetPets so far didn't know. Although I even more would have appreciated to get some more really unreleaed stuff. If I recall it right only when recording HYSF the band had a repertoire of round about 120 songs in their bags... I'd be suprised if all of them are gone and erased.

Kind regards,
Marcel

---------------------------------------

Because love cools and friends drift apart
Too old to be shy but I wonder what to say
- After I said: Hi!

Posted: Tue, 2015-06-09 22:12

Thank you for the positive response from both of you!

I totally agree, D-A-D has always stood out and done everything in their very own way (annual Christmas cards, the merchandise, word puns, the early cartoon figures, etc...) and this forum is really another great example of that. A big thumbs up to D-A-D for always being so unique and for thinking outside the box.

120 songs... wow... Maybe it's a shame we don't have singles anymore -there would be a lot of material for B-sides. Or maybe they could just do a "Behind the Seen II". Of course with a new and cool name/word pun for the album like "The Molly Grail" or something, which would be very D-A-D'ish.

Best regards,
Rasmus

Today I woke up screaming...!

Posted: Tue, 2015-06-09 23:38

Marcel, as long as I am here you don't have to fear any closing down of the website. No way DAD would let their uniqueness drown in the flood of mass behaviour on Facebook. That's why we have The Rock Of Rock, this refuge of an island, where nobody else but DAD, dedicated True Believer Net Pets, Molly and myself are in control. The lighthouse might one day guide them back here, those who'll have enough out on the ocean. As I indicated: you never know... :-)

I'll take the opportunity to mention that I post links and news of less importance (i.e. not interesting enough to make it to the front page) in the chat room. That means I keep this place almost as updated as Facebook (and more than Twitter). Molly always says Moooh to every posted link, encouraging me to keep on.

Thanks for coming here, Rasmus and Marcel :-)

Posted: Sun, 2015-06-14 06:55

I enjoy this site very much & hope it continues to exist. Other social media may be more popular, but actual websites serve a purpose and should not go away!

\m/ Smiley-midget

Be yourself - everyone else is taken

Posted: Mon, 2015-06-15 10:18

Hey Rasmus,
we miss your sunday's Q# Smiley-laugh

Because love cools and friends drift apart
Too old to be shy but I wonder what to say
- After I said: Hi!

Posted: Mon, 2015-06-15 10:31

Hey Marcel,
Once again: thank you for the interest! I've literally just posted one now in this very moment Smiley I've been busy all weekend with exam preparations, so I totally forgot all about it. Won't happen again Smiley-wink

Today I woke up screaming...!

Posted: Wed, 2015-07-01 20:49

Nice move Smiley But it is true. Facebook has taken more over.. sadly, because this is such a nice place. I mean, it's our "home".

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

Plain text