7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Sun, 2015-06-21 10:52

Once again it's time for D-A-D Sunday!

3 days of metal madness at the Danish metal festival 'Copenhell' ended yesterday, and if anyone of you were there, I hope you had a bloody good time!
Last year D-A-D visited the festival and decided to do an "album concert", where they played the legendary album "No Fuel Left for the Pilgrims" in its entirety (+ a couple of encores, of course.
***** anmeldelse på dansk: http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/85107
***** review in english: http://www.d-a-d.dk/sites/default/files/archive/Copenhell_2014_english.pdf

But! If you were to attend a D-A-D album concert (Anywhere - it doesn't have to be at Copenhell), which album would you want them to play?

My first choice would definitely have been "No Fuel...", but since that has already happend, I would say Helpyourselfish, because it would be so amazingly heavy. I mean, "Candid" and "Naked" are reasons enough, right? Also, it would be an album VERY appropriate for Copenhell, if that was the case.
Assuming they would play the HYSF album, they would also have to bring a string quartet, so they could play "Flat"... wow... just imagening hearing that one live!

But which album would YOU like to hear performed live?
I guess "Standin' on the Never Never" would be a bit too short for a 350 DKK/€47-ticket... Smiley-wink

themaster's picture

Posted: Sun, 2015-06-21 11:02

i would really like to hear HYSF album again i mean in there concerts in 95 they played full album

Posted: Sun, 2015-06-21 11:24

well i dont like concepts concerts,im up to " nomal "concerts or maby decade concerts like Iron Maidens Some were back in time concert in Horsens with all the old hits

---------------------------------------

johndee

Posted: Mon, 2015-06-22 10:16

Me too would vote for Helpyourselfish as my all time favourite tune by D-A-D, though I also would appreciate a tour that focusses on the first four albums only. There's more than enough goodies on those to fill a night to remember. Or even two Smiley-wink
*IF* this should ever happen why not do a real step back and "cover" the whole show D-A-D had those days? In means of clothes, stage design, stage-acting etc... coz' almost ev'ry time I watch videos of early live shows by D-A-D (early = until '89) I wish some finally would invent a time machine so I can have a journey back in time to see D-A-D live on stage in their beginnings.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Because love cools and friends drift apart
Too old to be shy but I wonder what to say
- After I said: Hi!

Henrik Andersen's picture
Henrik Andersen (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2015-06-22 18:27

Helpyourselfish is the most heavy album, and in my opinion the best, though my all time favorit song is the good old laugh 'n' 1/2.

Posted: Wed, 2015-07-01 20:54

Wauw.. that's a tough question, because they have so many great songs & albums. But prob Riskin' it all Smiley

Posted: Sun, 2015-07-05 23:46

Thank you for supporting the Sunday project everyone! Smiley
Here is this week's question: http://www.d-a-d.dk/meet-n-greet/discussion/topic/24759

Today I woke up screaming...!

Add new comment