52 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 16:18

Hello.

I have 2 comments and I don't know how many suggestions for the site. I started out with 1 comment and 2 suggestions, but things just escalated from there....

Comment 1: I like the guided tour of the website, brilliant idea.

Comment 2: I like the profiles thing.

Suggestion 1: I'd like to be able to search the members. E.g. if I want to take a look at Capt. Spaceheads profile. It kind of suxx not to have a search engline for it. Yes, you're right, I'm lazy.

Suggestion 2: The menu in the discussion section is fine. But why only at the top? I'd like a copy at the bottom too. An example is the long thread "just a question". At the moment it got 18 articles in it. The first thing I do when Ienter www.d-a-d.dk is entering the discussion section. Then I read whatever article catching my interest. THEN when I want to reply, I log in. Which means I have to scroll *all* the way up to the beginning. I wouldn't have to do that, if there was a menu thing at the bottom.

Yes, I'll be the first one to admit that I'm lazy.

Suggestion 3: How about a preview button? However lazy I might be, I still like to check for typo's. I find that easier in a preview mode. If it's in the 'edit' section, then it have to be possible to get in the "new topic" section.

Suggestion 4: You know how you can see who started a thread... Well, I think it would be nice to see who wrote the last reply.

Suggestion 5: Is it possible to get a feature to see how many reads a thread, meaning, how many 'hits' a thread gets?

Suggestion 6: Is it possible to get an e-mail sent whenever somebody replies to a thread? Of course you have to specify whatever thread you want 'watched' .

What does the rest of the fans think? Yes or no? I mean, we gotta keep the webdude busy.

I apologise in advance, if these ideas already have been dealt with in a past discussion.

Pernille

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 19:46

I agree on all accounts, except I just don't see the point in a "Guided Tour". If someone can explain to me why such a thing is needed, please help me out...

Also, I'd like if we could make d-a-d.com remember our login so we didn't have to log in all the time...

And please make it so that we can write : D (without the space) and not make it a smiley. Maybe you could make a "disable smilies in this post" option.

---------------------------------------

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-27 04:43

What can I say ... it sounds great ... I just agree ...

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-27 16:26

I have another suggestion.

My memory isn't too damn good. Actually it SUXX big time!

When I want to reply, I click reply (duh). But then it doesn't say what I am replying to! It's not like I have NO clue of what I want to respond to, but some details are gone.

Am I making sense?
A little bit? Good.

What I'd like to suggest is, that we get a piece of the thread that we want to reply.

That's my 2 cents for now!

Pernille

Ég var svartklædd þegar ég var handtekin

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 10:57

Thank you for the suggestions.

> I'd like to be able to search the members.

Maybe it's a little easier if the member-list is sorted alphabetically?

> The menu in the discussion section is fine. I'd like a copy at the bottom too.

Good idea.

> How about a preview button?

Maybe one day...

> I think it would be nice to see who wrote the last reply / Is it possible to get a feature to see how many reads a thread

Actually the forum already has these features. But in lack of horizontal space in the textarea on the pages, we decided not to show that information.

> Is it possible to get an e-mail sent whenever somebody replies to a thread?

Sure. I'll keep adding features to the website - also the forum.

>I'd like if we could make d-a-d.com remember our login so we didn't have to log in all the time...

'All the time'? You only have to log in once each time you visit the page. But I get your point. Maybe some day... =)

> Please make it so that we can write : D (without the space)

I'm aware og that bug.

> When I want to reply, I click reply (duh). But then it doesn't say what I am replying to! What I'd like to suggest is, that we get a piece of the thread that we want to reply.

Why don't you just copy/paste if you want to quote somebody?

=)

- Webdude

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 13:26

Before I answer your post, then I have another suggestion regarding the log in feature. As mentioned previous, I read the discussion and if there's an article I want to respond to, I log in.

But instead of coming back to the article that I wish to respond to, then I get back to the main discussion menu, and not the article I wished to reply.

This is a small detail, but damnit, I suggest it anyway! Do you get what I meant by the way?

>> I'd like to be able to search the members.

>Maybe it's a little easier if the member-list is sorted alphabetically?

Yes that would be a little easier. Is it too complicated for you to get a search engine?

>> The menu in the discussion section is fine. I'd like a copy at the bottom too.

>Good idea.

And the rest aren't? Damn....

>> I think it would be nice to see who wrote the last reply / Is it possible to get a feature to see how many reads a thread

>Actually the forum already has these features. But in lack of horizontal space in the textarea on the pages, we decided not to show that information.

Please enlighten my feeble mind. Why can't you show it? Can't you just eh...like...widen the horizontal textarea? (Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just don't give me a dumb answer =) )

>> Is it possible to get an e-mail sent whenever somebody replies to a thread?

>Sure. I'll keep adding features to the website - also the forum.

That sounds good. What other wee things do you have in store for us?

>>I'd like if we could make d-a-d.com remember our login so we didn't have to log in all the time...

>'All the time'? You only have to log in once each time you visit the page. But I get your point. Maybe some day... =)

Was I the one who asked that question? Oh My God, I can't remember!!! Which brings me to the next point:

>> When I want to reply, I click reply (duh). But then it doesn't say what I am replying to! What I'd like to suggest is, that we get a piece of the thread that we want to reply.

>Why don't you just copy/paste if you want to quote somebody?

That was actually a good idea. But being the lazy f*ck I am, then it would be nice if it was already there! Not the quotes, they can go to hell for all I care.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Pernille

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 13:59

> But instead of coming back to the article that I wish to respond to, then I get back to the main discussion menu, and not the article I wished to reply.

I do get your point. It's (another) good idea.

Well... The truth is that I didn't make this forum myself. if I want to change anything I have to understand exactly how it works. And I've got a lot of things to do, and understanding how the forum works is not on the top of my to-do-list. But I see all the same problems as you do, and will - of course - fix it some day.

> Yes that would be a little easier. Is it too complicated for you to get a search engine?

Nope.

>> Good idea.

> And the rest aren't? Damn....

Hey! I didn't say that...

> Please enlighten my feeble mind. Why can't you show it? Can't you just eh...like...widen the horizontal textarea? (Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just don't give me a dumb answer =) )

Then we'd have to redesign the page. It takes a lot of time. But one day, maybe? =)

>> Sure. I'll keep adding features to the website - also the forum.

> That sounds good. What other wee things do you have in store for us?

Uhm... Hmm...

>>'All the time'? You only have to log in once each time you visit the page. But I get your point. Maybe some day... =)

> Was I the one who asked that question?

No.

>> Why don't you just copy/paste if you want to quote somebody?

> That was actually a good idea. But being the lazy f*ck I am, then it would be nice if it was already there! Not the quotes, they can go to hell for all I care.

Once again: I need to know how it works before I can do anything.

But I promise to make a hell lot of improvements on this forum when the rest of the site is done.

=)

- Webdude

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 14:03

Thanks!

Now I am a happy chappy Smiley

Pernille

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 14:06

haha!

=)

- Webdude

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 14:17

You are laughing! I can't believe you are laughing at me *sob*

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 20:32

Originally posted by: Verdens Dejligste.

You are laughing! I can't believe you are laughing at me *sob*

----------

Hey, I'm sure he was laughing WITH you, not AT you. Smiley-wink

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 20:35

Originally posted by: Webdude.

>Maybe it's a little easier if the member-list is sorted alphabetically?

----------

I think that'd be a big improvement.

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 20:41

---> Lasse, thank you for the kind words, I feel SO much better now Smiley-yawn-more-anim

I have another suggestion! Not that will surprise any of you, I am sure.

Do you know how lazy I am? Well, I'm pretty f*cking lazy. Which leads me to this:

How about a 'to the top' link at the bottom of the page? This thread is long now, and so if I want to join the chat (which I will do as soon as this is posted), then I have to scroll "all" the way up.

Just an idea....

Pernille

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 20:55

I have another suggestion. Sorry if this starts buggin' you lol

I am in the chat right now and somebody asked if I was female. Which leads me to my next suggestion.

In the chat a logged-in persons name is written in italics. But why not have it link to the profile, like in here in discussion?

While we're at the suggestions I actually have a question. 2 questions to be precise.

Is Molly ever coming back? I am startin' to miss the ol' faithful gal.

Will we again get notices in the chat, if somebody writes an article in discussion, sign the guestbook or something like it?

Thanks.

Pernille

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 21:06

Verdens Dejligste, you should really be a webmaster yourself. Smiley-wink

Again, two very relevant suggestions.

Do you mean Molly from the chat?

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 21:19

I'd also like to be able to see who's on the chat before I log in.

So next time I could avoid Verdens Dejligste and her endless suggestions... Smiley-wink

Okay, that last part was a joke. Smiley-laugh

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 21:19

Lasse Damgaard, that wasn't very nice. However i forgive you this time.....

I found your suggestion good though. That way I know I can avoid you (deja vu Smiley-laugh )

Anyway, yes I met Molly from the chat Smiley

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 15:48

I have another suggestion.

When there's a nice long thread it splits into 2 (or more pages). But to access page 2 I have to scroll "all the way down" to the bottom.

What about making a page-change thing at the start of the discussion as well as the bottom?

Somebody owes me a beer soon, with all these suggestions I make Smiley

Pernille

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 16:32

> How about a 'to the top' link at the bottom of the page?

You are really lazy, huh?

> In the chat a logged-in persons name is written in italics. But why not have it link to the profile, like in here in discussion?

I'm actually working on that already.

> Is Molly ever coming back? I am startin' to miss the ol' faithful gal.

> Will we again get notices in the chat, if somebody writes an article in discussion, sign the guestbook or something like it?

Both will be back soon.

> I'd also like to be able to see who's on the chat before I log in.

The latest/online-stuff will be back on the front page one day.

> When there's a nice long thread it splits into 2 (or more pages). But to access page 2 I have to scroll "all the way down" to the bottom.

No you don't.

> What about making a page-change thing at the start of the discussion as well as the bottom?

It's already there?

=)

- Webdude

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 22:11

>You are really lazy, huh?

You got that right, Mister!
So? Will you add that to the "to-do" list?

>I'm actually working on that already.

Good.

>> When there's a nice long thread it splits into 2 (or more pages). But to access page 2 I have to scroll "all the way down" to the bottom.

>No you don't.

>> What about making a page-change thing at the start of the discussion as well as the bottom?

>It's already there?

Well I'll be damned. It appears that I just might have made a mistake ie. not doing background check enough. Nah, that can't be so. You just added that feature, webmaster. I'm on to you, you sneaky little devil.

;)

Anonymous's picture
Sands (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 23:51

Any plans to include music or video downloads in the future?

Posted: Tue, 2003-12-02 00:54

> How about a 'to the top' link at the bottom of the page?

Does your keyboard have a key labeled "Home"? Try pressing that one. Whoa, huh?

/Mordred.

Posted: Tue, 2003-12-02 07:55

>Does your keyboard have a key labeled "Home"?

It does! Funny enough, I never tried that one. "End" works just fine as well.

Thanks dude.

Pernille

Posted: Sat, 2003-12-06 15:20

damn,....ive forgot what i was thinking..

but im sure it was a fab idea!

artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Posted: Sat, 2003-12-06 16:53

Good to see, that you're still alive'n'saucy

Pernille

Posted: Sun, 2004-12-05 19:03

*bump*

Posted: Sun, 2004-12-05 20:27

seeing this old thread again makes me realize how much has actually happened since Azda came into the picture - WOW Smiley-laugh well done Azda Smiley-indian

Btw... another suggestion (a possible solution to one of VD's): how about when you press "reply", it opens in a new window? that way it's easy to check what someone wrote when your memory's bad... personally I already do it by right clicking the link...

"man like dog can be taught not to talk..."

Posted: Sun, 2004-12-05 20:31

Dude!
That's a great idea!
You are so fcuking smart. And I mean it! No irony intended.

And I want everybody to know that I DO appreciate A and the work A can do.

Oh and uh like the arrow thingies by the page buttons... Could someone like uh make one for the last page?

And could someone fix the edit-thingie? Smiley-wink

Posted: Sun, 2004-12-05 22:46

The way it is now, it is up to you, the user, whether you want to open the link in a new window or not, when you press reply.

Taking that choice away from the user would be most annoying.

Posted: Sun, 2004-12-05 23:20

hmm... I guess you're right Adam... didn't see it from that point of view... I guess it'll just be a good advice for VD and all others who like it that way Smiley-tongue

I'll just stick to the suggestion that we need a "go to last page" option then Smiley-pirate

Posted: Mon, 2004-12-06 20:10

- A"last page" button is the thing I want the most now, but the "10 pages forward" button was a big improvement. I'll live for now.

- Other than that, I'd like the videos back - and it'd be lovely if they were in a better quality than they were on the old website.

Posted: Thu, 2004-12-09 19:48

Nice with the new pics from Gothenburg.

I have a suggestion.
Please do forgive me if the feature is already there and I just missed it.

But I'd appreciate a 'next' and a 'back' button both with the smaller pics and the larger pics.

Sorry for being lazy.

Posted: Thu, 2005-06-23 15:52

*bump*

(found it)

Posted: Thu, 2005-06-23 19:10

Where did you find a button that would let you view back to the last photo or onto the next photo? I didn't find such button. Am I missing a button? Do I have button envy? Yes, yes I do. I want to not have to close then open the next picture on each and every photo I want to see. I would like a button that would let you see the photos in a slide show type thing.

quote re:" But I'd appreciate a 'next' and a 'back' button both with the smaller pics and the larger pics. "

BTW, I do really appreciate all the photos that are put up. It is a lovely feature. I would like the videos up again too as suggested previously. And PLEASE REOPEN THE WEBSHOP... my birthday is coming and I will need some DAD gifts to celebrate it in style.

Thats all. Thank ya kindly!

friend me on facebook: Jayne Dinan LeFavi

Posted: Fri, 2005-06-24 10:58

J,
I found the thread. Not the button Smiley-wink

Anonymous's picture
Sarah Harriott (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2005-11-13 02:28

ab0010815661af4d1c44687dad3b49ca3a Good work, nice webpaqe.

Posted: Sun, 2005-11-13 11:13

its kinda funny to read this diskussion from 2 years ago, and see how the forum is now.

it's not like a big change Smiley-midget

Fan since christmas 2004.
Fav. song - Evil Twin
Fav. album - Scare Yourself

Anonymous's picture
Elisha Andrews (not verified)

Posted: Fri, 2005-11-25 04:49

zb0010815661af4d1c44687dad3b49ca3z Good work, nice webpaqe.

Posted: Wed, 2005-11-30 07:00

OMG spam!

Posted: Wed, 2005-11-30 20:43

I suggest that we don't spam d-a-d.com.

Posted: Sun, 2005-12-11 16:32

I suggest we follow Lasses suggestion

Posted: Sun, 2005-12-11 17:35

I suggest we follow vd's suggestion about following lasses suggestion about not spamming the forum Smiley-wink

Posted: Sun, 2005-12-11 17:56

I suggest we follow zd's suggestion about following my suggestion about following lasses suggestion about not spamming the forum Smiley-wink

Posted: Sun, 2005-12-11 19:31

I suggest we follow vd's suggestion about following my sugg... hmm... wonder if this is categorized as spamming the forum? Smiley-wink

Smiley-police

Posted: Sun, 2005-12-11 20:38

i suggest that.. wait.. DUH i lost it.. Smiley-wink

Fan since christmas 2004.
Fav. song - Evil Twin
Fav. album - Scare Yourself

Posted: Sun, 2005-12-11 23:50

I suggest that we recover whatever it was that Lådde lost.

Posted: Mon, 2005-12-12 06:25

I suggest we do that

Posted: Mon, 2005-12-12 21:20

they are coming to take me away ha ha hi hi ho ho

We know alchemy, we bring you rock and roll

Posted: Tue, 2005-12-13 15:28

argh! more spam?! get out of here Smiley-police

good Smiley-midget it's gone now Smiley-laugh

Posted: Wed, 2005-12-14 14:30

i am not saying anything :P

"They call you faumos, and people think you're insane.."

Posted: Fri, 2005-12-23 11:09

I suggest that you guys should find a hobby.. Smiley-midget Merry freaking x-m...

Pages

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

Plain text