4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 16:28

Hi everybody.

I arrived home from Sweden Rock yesterday and I've gotta tell ya: What a great festival! This is the best festival I've ever been to!

D-A-D delivered quite a good show. A friend of mine considered it boring. She didn't think Jesper 'ran around enough on stage'. Compared to Ted Poley from Danger Danger then yes, Jesper was quiet as a pensionist on stage. But then again, Jesper also played guitar - Ted didn't. Jesper did some good talking, walking,'dancing' during Marlboro Man, which was good. He has a funny mix of Danish/Swedish. He talks in Danish when speaking to the crowd, but exchanged a few words with Swedish words.

They played the 3 new songs that I think everybody heard now, CIS, Hero and Good Day.

No after Dark (then again, they started the gig at like 5 pm), but people could sing a long at Laugh and a half instead.

I watched the concert with fellow d-a-d fan Tommy Jee, you might remember him from the old chat as Kossan, and his girlfriend. They also had backstagepasses. So after the concert we went backstage and hung around to see if D-A-D were appearing. I mean, they'd had to get out sooner or later Smiley-wink

And the did. I called out: " Har I noget imod at stille op til et par billeder?" ("Would you mind posing for some pics?"). So we got some pics taken with them and boys'n'girls... I got to lick Stig on the nose again. And Laust as well actually, that was Stigs idea.

I mean, I had to get a new noselicking picture taken for you as well, right? Smiley-wink

Europe and Danger Danger were the best concerts in my opinion. Followed by Judas Priest, D-A-D and Pink Cream 69.

Other bands I saw was some Helloween, some TNT, some Montrose (got there in time for Rock the Nation, they put on a good show as well), Monster Magnet, Opeth, Nightwish, Heart, some Children of Bodom & Sun Caged.

It was amazing to go to the Europe concert. 20.000 people at least whom all sang along to almost every single songs. My friends and I were jumping, dancing, screaming, singing... I have actually NO voice right now. It faded little by little during the festival, but was all gone when I woke up Sunday morning. I can squeeze out some husky notes, that's about it. Luckily I am off work today, but let's see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully my voice will be back.

By the way, Stig asked me if I was gonna stay all 3 days at the festival. I replied: " Of course, are you" and he said: "no, we're going back to play some more music". I asked if it was concerts and he said: "No we're going back to the rehearsal room, we've got a new album out, you know"...

DUH, of course I know ;)

Well, I'm gonna make a cuppa tea. Sorry for various typing mistakes, I'm too lazy to proofread it =)

//Pernille

PS there's some d-a-d fans/friends of whom I've sent some special thoughts during the concert. Hopefully you know who you are!

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 21:14

Wow, sounds like it was a lot of fun. I knew someone had that whole nose licking thing going on, forgot that it was you. Smiley-midget-laugh

Hope you get your voice back sooner rather than later.

---------------------------------------

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 21:38

Sounds like you had a really good time! I need to get over there to see the guys!!

--------------------
I've grown, I paid.

Posted: Thu, 2004-06-17 04:37

I did have a really good time, thanks! It was the best festival ever. Can't wait till next year Smiley-grr Next year I hope to find Cinderella, Poison and Mötley Crüe on the bill. But that'll probably be too glammed out for some people.

And I hope d-a-d will play there every year Smiley-laugh

Ég var svartklædd þegar ég var handtekin

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

Plain text