23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2004-06-12 20:34

Guys, we need to show DAD that there is enough interest in London to justify at least one gig....!!!!

Come on, we simply owe it to them, and we know it would be the greatest pleasure ever to have them over.
We would make it a wonderful night for them!!!!!!!!

cheers
brx

Anonymous's picture
Axel Nilsson (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 00:12

I agree, come over here guys, you are expected..

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 00:42

how the hell do 'we owe it to them'?
im sorry, but..
argh...
it seems to me, that unless D-A-D has a guaranteed fanbase, they dont think twice about not playing in certain places.
and that really gets on my t*ts.
so, apart from buying albums...merchandise...singles...tickets (when within reasonable distance), for the last 15 years,
we now have to do what excatly? to get them back to the UK.????
and why London again??-oh, i remember, London cos its such an easy city to play a gig.
why bother, may as well stick to Japan!

whats happened to simply 'touring'?
have they lost the passion for it?
in the past, it may have been a drag to arrive in the middle of nowhere, but with the bank balance they have now, they should be able to do this without worrying about not selling a gig out.
'its rock n roll'
so bloody 'roll with it'.
where im looking from, the band known as D-A-D are growing plenty of moss.
and moss tends to stin after a while.

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 00:45

that was 'stink' btw..
seems the edit is not working too.

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 20:52

First of all, D-A-D don't have to do anything they don't want. Nobody owes anyone anything. That goes both ways. Also, I'm pretty sure they've lost the passion of touring abroad. They have families now and even though it's sad, maybe people should just accept that they simply aren't really going to tour again.

There are loads of bands I'd love to come to Denmark that never will. It's a shame, but oh well...

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-14 21:33

pleeeeeease come to London guys!!

Posted: Tue, 2004-06-15 00:48

Lasse,
i gather from what you said, you too think that the band has done the ultimate wrong, and 'SOLD-OUT'.
rock n roll should be 'on the road', not on a stereo.
theyre either a band, or NOT.
plenty of bands have children etc, but it doesnt stop them touring, or being good parents. fair enough, time would have to be spent away from home, but it does with any job, so thats not really a good arguement.
maybe i shall 'sell out' as a fan, and stop BUYING D-A-D music, instead, i'll jusr D/L it for free.
it works both ways.
why should 'long time' fans pay out good money to fund a band that doesnt give a 'feck' about them.?
i dont mean to be offensive about this next bit,
but, England is one of the top Countrys to tour in, and has a reputation for putting bands on the international scene, Denmark may be a wonderful place, but it doesnt have the pedigree we have here in England, maybe we here are spoiled sometimes with multiple tours, but D-A-D have a moderate fanbase here, and i dare say have made quite a stash of cash from us...what do we get in return?-2 gigs over a space of a decade, both in the city of London.
that p*sses me off.
maybe its time they chucked the towel in, and save us the annoyance of not getting any gigs.

Posted: Tue, 2004-06-15 20:04

I really disagree with you Jack.

First of all, I don't see how not touring is the same as selling out. Second, you can't compare touring with downloading music. It's their choice if they wanna tour, downloading their music is a crime, not selling out.

Why should long time fans have to fund a band that doesn't give a feck about us? Because the law says so. At least it does here in Denmark.

Yes, a lot of bands have children and still go on tour, but what if D-A-D don't want to leave their family? Are you going to force them to?

I'm not trying to be an asshole about this, but I just wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Posted: Tue, 2004-06-15 20:04

Though I understand your frustrations of not getting to see them. It would piss me off as well.

Posted: Tue, 2004-06-15 23:43

It´s when it´s wrong it´s right!!

Helpyourselfish!!

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-16 00:31

'aaaargh'!!!
i hoped no-one would stoop so low as to make a joke like that!

i suppose someone had to do it.

*hangs head in shame*

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-16 08:30

It´s not a joke - what I mean by it is that it´s wrong of them not to go to England but at the same time it´s right because they are the ones to deside - I don´t think the take others opinion regarding where to play into consideration - don´t say they only come if there is a big an solid fanbase cause they have played in Grenland.

Who knows - maybe they are happy anough to Camp in Scandinavia? I hope and think they will play somwhere in England - but I don´t think you should expect that they will call you and ask at wich location and when they should play in England.

Helpyourselfish!!

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-16 13:27

'aaaargh'!!!
i hoped no-one would stoop so low as to make a joke like that!

i suppose someone had to do it.

***this was supposed to be sarcasm--so dont preach at me mate.****

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-16 13:29

but I don´t think you should expect that they will call you and ask at wich location and when they should play in England

**and that comment is just stupid.**
(not sarcasm)

Posted: Wed, 2004-06-16 22:36

Relax bro'.

Posted: Thu, 2004-06-17 00:34

Right - this has becomed to boring, and this is my last comments on the new subjects:

We both preach!

My comment on that you probably not have to expect a phonecall regarding how and where the band eventually should play in england may not be clever - but it aint sarcasm??

I still hope that Disneyland After Dark will play in england - but it´s still up to them!

Everytime that WE throw dirt - WE lose a little ground.

Helpyourselfish!!

Posted: Thu, 2004-06-17 00:45

but im a 'selfrightous git', so im aloud.

Anonymous's picture
Hard Cat (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2004-06-28 13:52

I certainly wouldn't blame the band. I think the main reason they didn't play the UK for so long was that they had a crap record label that wouldn't release any of their albums after 'Helpyourselfish' here. The gig at Shepherds Bush was phenomenal and well worth the wait however. Hopefully, with the new deal we'll see them return. I have every faith in them!!!!

Posted: Tue, 2004-06-29 23:00

yeah right, and do holland on the way up(or down)

next year on Bospop on the mainstage....D-A-D.

see www.bospop.nl

Cyah

Anonymous's picture
kev jones (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2004-07-04 11:40

ithink they should come back to london they still got a good following here in england i would also like to know if there are any musicians in the london area who are intrested in forming a uk tribute band.i play drums/bass

Anonymous's picture
brx (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2004-07-05 11:42

This has lost control.
Especially Saucy Jack.... get a grip and relax.

Reality is much more simple, I love their music, don't giva a sh*t about all the nonsense about kids, record labels (although that did make sense) and the meaning of DAD's committment. All I wanted to do was try and show the band on their site that there are loads of people out here in London that would love to see them come. Period. Not talking about world tours, just one gig in London. I'm sure both their kids and their label would allow that.....

Good skills on the:
Everytime that WE throw dirt WE lose a little ground.....
that's exactly what some peole were doing.....

Hail

Posted: Mon, 2004-07-05 15:40

'get a grip and relax'?

get a grip on what,?...reality??-so im wrong, D-A-D have toured the UK in the last Decade, and its silly me who didnt notice?
explain yourself.

as for stating the fact about 'London having fans'-well, if you'd read my post again, you will see that I pointed that out.
the problem is, a huge army of fans, DO NOT live in London.

to play in London means 'sh*t', any band can attract a crowd in such a big city, its the easy option.
(and considering this fact, 2 London gigs since the OZZY support (92) is still very poor).

id also like to point out that this is a board for 'fans' to make a point or two about all things D-A-D related (and beyond).
the things i have written, are my 'points of view' on the subject of D-A-D.
right or wrong, this is how i see it,
im sure many others do too, and obviously there will be people who see everything through 'rose tinted spectacles'.
and thats rather s-a-d.

Posted: Mon, 2004-07-05 22:44

Eh, I'd rather have a little yelling here once in a while than all the usual "agreeing with each other".

www.d-a-d.com's discussion is much cleaner than it was a couple of years back, you should have seen it back then. There's practically no "trolling" here now.